Paris is in Brant County, in the province of Ontario. It is at the junction of the Nith and Grand rivers.
Paris - Ontario
The community was named for the plaster of Paris gypsum deposits here. Paris, Ontario, located on the Grand River. First settled by Hiram Capron a native of Vermont who, in 1822, had emigrated to Norfolk County where he helped to establish one of Upper Canada's earliest iron foundries. He settled here at the Forks of the Grand in 1829, divided part of his land into town lots, and in 1830 constructed a grist-mill and named the town after the gypsum deposits that were being mined nearby. Gypsum is used to make plaster of Paris. The town of Paris is often referred to as the “cobblestone capital of Canada”, because of the many cobblestone buildings that are still standing.
The first long distance telephone call was made on August 10, 1876 by Alexander Graham Bell's father from downtown Brantford. Alexander Graham Bell received the call at what is now 91 Grand River St. North, Paris. It was a boot shop and a telegraph office at that time. Paris is also the transmitter site for a number of broadcast stations serving the Brantford and Kitchener-Waterloo areas.
Paris is an unorganized area located in the Canadian territory of Yukon at a location of 63º49' North Latitude and 138º39' West Longitude. As of 2001, the population is 1,221. The area of Paris, Yukon is 465,501.9 square kilometres.
Paris is a small community in the Klondike region of the Yukon, Canada on Dominion Creek during the Klondike Gold Rush (1898). It owns its name to its large proportion of French speakers and the fact that its postmaster was born in Paris, France.
Paris is an abandoned settlement on Kiritimati Island in Kiribati. It is one of several settlements on the island to be named after European places, along with nearby London and Poland.
The remains of the former village are located at Benson Point, near the southern entrance to the large lagoon which dominates the western end of the island. Though only a short distance from London, the principal settlement on Kiritimati, the lagoon and its entrance channels actually place it a long distance away from present-day habitation; also, there is no good anchorage at the southern lagoon entrance, and this relative lack of easy access probably led to the village being abandoned in favor of London.
Paris is known as the “Gateway to Mount Magazine,” the highest point in Arkansas. The mountain’s eight scenic overlooks provide panoramic views of the Arkansas River, Paris, and the Boston Mountains.
The site of the last public hanging in Arkansas, Paris has a population of 3,707. The man hung had been convicted of murdering his girlfriend, and this was before the first electric chair in Little Rock.
The seat of Bear Lake County, Paris is the 2nd oldest city in the Gem State. Surrounded by ranching land, this Paris is home to just 576 people. It was founded by Mormon pioneers who built a church that seats over 2,000 people, which is almost four times the total population of the town.
The community on US 93 has over 60 homes, building and sites registered with the National Historial Society. One of the community's most significant historical buildings is the LDS Tabernacle, completed in 1888 at a cost of $50,000. The county court house was completed in 1885 and in 1887 the Bear Lake Academy was organized and later changed to the Fielding Academy. Paris was incorporated in 1897 and celebrates Independence Day each year with a pageant, parade and rodeo.
Paris is a city in Paris Township, Edgar County, Illinois, USA, 165 miles (276 km) south of Chicago, and 90 miles (150 km) west of Indianapolis.
Paris has some of the major tourist sites in Edgar County.
In 1816, the land that is now Edgar County was offered for sale by the federal government. The land had been acquired through a treaty with the Kickapoo Indians. The following year, settlers began arriving, many via an Indian trail that became the Chicago-Vincennes Road.
Today, the city is experiencing a new era of development. Home to "Alfalfa" of the Little Rascals, Paris now has 9,077 residents. In the 1950s a minor league baseball team was based here called the Paris Lakers. The world's tallest three-story building in Paris, Kentucky.
Paris is located on top of a Paleozoic bed of quartz crystallization called Pegmatite, in which many semi-precious gems and rare minerals can be found. Beryl, Garnet, Tourmaline, Amethyst and Smokey Quartz have been found here.
There is some confusion about the name of this town of 4,793. South Paris is a census designated place within Paris, and because of this the town itself is often referred to as "South Paris." This is with the exception of Paris Hill, which is the historic district.
Paris is an unincorporated community and the largest settlement within the Green Charter Township on the Muskegon River about 5 miles (8.0 km) north of Big Rapids, which has a population of 3,209. The village is thought to be "fathered" by John Parish in 1965, who named it after himself. Over time, it changed from "Parish" to "Paris."
Settled over a century and a half ago, today Paris and the surrounding community is quickly becoming a focal point of the newly-formed 18,600 acre Mark Twain Lake in northeast Missouri.
Paris is the "hometown" of internationally acclaimed artist Gordon Snidow, whose works can be found in the county's historical society's museum at the courthouse, and the late Mary Margaret McBride, author and radio and television personality.
A whopping 1,529 people (603 households) and a bicentennial tree live on just 1.2 miles of land that are this Paris.
Paris, Texas is a city located 98 miles (158 km) northeast of the Dallas–Fort Worth Metroplex in Lamar County, Texas, in the United States.
The "Second Largest Paris in the World," 25,898 people call this Paris home. It, too, has a small replica of the Eiffel Tower, though the current one standing is the second one that was built in the city; the first was wooden and destroyed in a tornado (this Paris is right in Tornado Alley).
The film Paris, Texas by Wim Wenders was named after this city, but it was not set there.