6 Place du Parvis Notre Dame Opening hours :
No visit during the religious service./ April 1to May 31 and September 1 to 30: from 10a.m. to 6.30p.m./ June 1 to August 31: from 10a.m. to 6.30p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10a.m. to 11p.m./ October 1 to March 31: from 10a.m. to 5.30p.m./ Last admissions 45min before closing time./ Closed on January 1, May 1 and December 25 Phone :
+33 (0)1 42 34 56 10 Metro/Bus :
Metro : Cité - RER : Châtelet-Les Halles, Saint-Michel - Bus : 21, 24, 27, 38, 47, 85, 96
Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral
Notre-Dame de Paris
Masterpiece of Gothic architecture, the cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris,imaginated by Bishop Maurice de Sully was built between the 12th and the 14th centuries (1163-1345). The French road distances are established from the "0 km" point located on the square in front of the cathedral entrance.
You can also visit the Treasure of Notre-Dame de Paris. Collection : Jewellery, History, Sculpture, Painting, Furniture, Literature, Medals, Stained-glass windows 12th century
Place Charles de Gaulle Opening hours :
Open every day 1 April to 30 September : 10 am to 11 pm // 1 October to 31 March : 10 am to 10:30 pm // Last admission 30 mins before closing Phone :
+ 33 (0)1 55 37 73 77 Metro/Bus :
Metro : Charles de Gaulle Etoile lines 1 – 2 – 6 / RER A: Charles Gaulle-Etoile / Bus : 22, 30, 31, 52, 73, 92, et Balabus
L'arc de Triomphe - The Arch of Triumph in Paris
Arc de Triomphe - Paris
Raised over command of Napoleon Ier, the Arch of Triumph dominates the Avenue of the Champs-Elysées. Its construction began in 1806 and ended in 1836, 15 years after the Napoleon's death.
It is possible to reach the roof of the monument. The perspective of The Louvre - Concorde Square - Grand Arch of Defense is superb. It's one of the most beautifull panorama of Paris.
The site on which the monument stands is called the Place de l'étoile, because of the multicolored star built into the pavement of the roundabout.
The arch is 50 meters high, 45 meters wide, and 22 meters thick and is decorated with low relieves which evoke the battles of the French first Republic and Empire periods (1789-1815). Under the arch, the Unknown Soldier Tomb can be found (a soldier of the First World War).
5 avenue Anatole France Opening hours :
The Eiffel Tower is open every single day of the year // from 9 a.m. to midnight from 17 June to 28 August // from 9:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. during the rest of the year // At Easter weekend and during the Spring holidays : extended opening hours to midnight. Phone :
08 92 70 12 39 Metro/Bus :
Metro : Bir Hakeim - RER : C : Champ de Mars- Bus : 42, 69, 72, 82,87
The Eiffel Tower in Paris
The Eiffel Tower - Paris
The Eiffel Tower is one of the most famous monuments in the world (324 metres, 10,100 tonnes).
Was built by Gustave Eiffel in 1889 for the World Fair, where it was the star attraction.
Information, historical and technical explanations on all three levels, Gustave Eiffel's offices on the third one. Viewpoint indicator on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
You can go to few to restaurants on the Eiffel Tower, the most known is the " Le Jules Verne" Just great to dine there!!
Etoile Charles de Gaulle, George V, Franklin D Roosvelt, Champs-Élysées Clemenceau,
Avenue des Champs-Elysées - Paris
The Avenue des Champs-Élysées is the most famous avenue in the world, 2 km long and 70 meters wide. It's a marvellous place for walking (day and night).
The name is French for Elysian Fields, the place of the blessed dead in Greek mythology.
The Avenue des Champs-Élysées is known in France as La plus belle avenue du monde "The most beautiful avenue in the world" . it’s one of Paris best districts for shopping and going out with hundreds of fashion stores, movie theaters and restaurants animate the Champs Elysees day and night.
Place de la Concorde Metro/Bus :
Metro : Line 1 (exit at Concorde)
The Concorde Square (Place de la Concorde)
Place de la Concorde - Paris
The Concorde Square is the most beautiful place of Paris . With a surface of 84.000 square meters , the place offers a superb sight of the avenue of the Champs-Elysées in all its length and the Arch of Triumph, on a side, the Louvre and Gardens of Tuileries , on the other side.
Twin buildings with the fine colonnades were built on the side of the place, the Hotel of the Navy , sits of the State Major of the French Navy, and the Hotel of Crillon , one of the most luxurious and sought hotels.
It is in this place that was signed on February 6, 1778 the Treaty of Friendships and Exchanges between King , Louis XVI and the 13 States Independents of America . Benjamin Franklin counted among the signatories representing the United States...
Today at the place even where the King Louis XVI was guillotined , is an obelisk offered by the Egyptians.Where many people came to see falling down the heads formerly, come much there today to admire the view of the Champs-Elysées...
Basilique du Sacré Coeur - Montmartre Opening hours :
Basilica : 6am - 10.30pm. Dome and crypt : 9am-5.45pm. Phone :
01 53 41 89 09 Metro/Bus :
Metro : Anvers - Bus : 30, 31, 54, 80, 85, Montmartrobus
The Sacred Heart - Montmartre hill ( Le Sacré Coeur et la Butte Montmartre)
The Sacred Heart - Montmartre Hill - Paris
The hill of Montmartre in the North of Paris rises 129 meters above sea-level.
From the earliest days , Montmartre has been a place of worship: the Druids, the Gauls, the romains temples dedicated to the gods Mars et Mercury; St Peter's church rebuilt near the Royal Abbey of Montmartre on the XII century by King Louis the VI and his wife Adélaïde of Savoy; finally the Sacred Heart Basillica erected at the end of the XIX century.
Access to the dome by using the crypt - Overview onto Paris. Crypt : tombs of cardinals and of the archbishops of Paris who originated the building of the basilica .
4, boulevard du Palais Opening hours :
Open every day 1 March to 31 October : 9:30 am to 6 pm 1 // November to 28 February : 9 am to 5 pm // Closed between 1 and 2 pm during the week 1 January, 1 May 1 and 25 December Phone :
+33-1534060-93/97 Metro/Bus :
Metro : Cité - RER : Saint-Michel-Notre Dame - Bus : 21, 27, 38, 85, 96 and Balabus
Sainte-Chapelle - Paris
La Sainte Chapelle - Paris
Jewel of gothic architecture, la Sainte-Chapelle was built during the second half of 13th Century by Louis IX, the future Saint Louis, to house the relics of the Passion of Christ. Adorned with a unique collection of fifteen glass panels and a large rose window forming a veritable wall of light, Sainte-Chapelle is a gem of French gothic architecture.
In 1239, after two years of negotiations, Louis IX bought Christ’s crown of thorns from Beaudoin II, the Emperor of Constantinople, for a considerable sum. In 1241 he acquired some more relics from Byzantium and decided to build a monument worthy of such treasure, within the Palais de la Cité itself.
As well as its sumptuous windows, Sainte-Chapelle was decorated with wall paintings, which were faithfully restored in 19th Century, and carvings of a remarkable finesse and variety. The splendour of its architecture and décor and the ceremony attached to the worship of its relics had a marked influence on all artistic and liturgical creativity until the 16th Century.
You can buy a joint ticket to visit the Sainte-Chapelle and Conciergerie at the same time!
Avenue de Tourville Opening hours :
Open evry day from 10am to 5pm Phone :
33 (0)1 44 42 38 77 Metro/Bus :
Metro : Latour-Maubourg, Invalides, ligne 8, Varenne, Saint François-Xavier, ligne 13 Invalides / RER C - RER : Invalides/ Bus n°28, 63, 69, 80, 82, 83, 87, 92, 93, Balabus
The Invalides (Hôtel National des Invalides)
The Invalides in Paris
In 1670, King Louis XIV decided to build the "Hôtel Royal des Invalides" for wounded homeless soldiers of its different wars. It was built between 1671 and 1676 by Libéral Bruant, and then by Jules Hardouin-Mansart and Robert de Cotte.
One of the most prestigious monument in Paris.The most significant event in the history of Les Invalides is unquestionably the return of the body of Napoléon in 1840, from St. Helena. On 8 October 1840 - 19 years after the death of the Emperor - the coffin was exhumed.
Nowadays, it still maintains its initial purpose but the building also houses three museums (Army museum, "Plans-Reliefs" museum and Liberation Order museum), Napoleon 1st tomb designed en 1843 and two churches (the Dôme church and Saint-Louis-des-Invalides church).
Place de l'Opéra Opening hours :
10am-4.30pm, and until 5.30pm from July 15th and September 10th.Open/Closed : Closed in the morning for rehearsals and for special events. Phone :
+33 (0)1 41 10 08 10 Metro/Bus :
Metro : Opéra - RER : A: Auber - Bus : 20, 21, 22, 27, 29, 31, 39, 42, 52, 53, 66, 68, 81
Palais Garnier - Opéra national de Paris
Palais Garnier - Paris
Masterpiece of theatre architecture of the 19th century, the "Palais Garnier", built by Charles Garnier and inaugurated in 1875 is the thirteen opera house to be found in Paris since the creation of this institution by King Louis XIV in 1669.
It's construction was initiated by Napoleon III among important renovation projects conducted under his control by baron Haussmann. An historical monument open to visitors during the day.
It mainly performs opera and ballet works.
Not to be missed : the famous ceiling of the Opera Room by Chagall.
boulevard du Palais Opening hours :
Open everyday : 9.30 am to 6 pm / Last entry 30 minutes before closing time./ Closed on January 1, May 1 and December 25. Phone :
01 53 40 60 93 Metro/Bus :
Metro: Châtelet, Saint-Michel, Cité: lines 1, 4, 7, 11 and 14 / Bus: 21, 24, 27, 38, 58, 81, 85 and Balabus / RER:Châtelet-les-Halles, Saint-Michel, Notre-Dame: lines B and C - Follow the Seine banks to Ile de la Cité
The Conciergerie (La Conciergerie) Paris
La Conciergerie - Paris
Built in the early 14th century, this Gothic architecture, complete with men-at-arms room, guardroom and kitchen, The Conciergerie is located on Ile de la Cité and was built by Phillipe the Fair (1284 - 1314). The architects of this fortress were Nicolas des Chaumes and Jean de Saint-Germer where this palace was part of the residence of the kings before the Louvre. Following, the departure of the Kings, the Concierge rented it out to shopkeepers.
In 1391, the Conciergerie became the first prison of Paris when this residence accommodated the seat of the Parliament and the judicial power. During the French Revolution, nearly 3,000 condemned spent their last days here. They were then transported to Concorde Square to be guillotined. Amongst them were Marie-Antoinette, the Austrian and wife of Louis XVI and Charlotte Corday, arrested to have stabbed Marat in his bath.
Danton also has his share of stay here. Today you can visit the Prisoners' Gallery, where the cells have been reconstituated according to those time. The windows of this gallery overlooks onto the Women's Square, where the prisoners take their walk. The dungeon of Marie-Antoinette was reconstituted and her original cell was transformed into a chapel, according to the wish of Louis XVIII. You will also find mementos of the French Revolution during your visit.
château de Versailles Opening hours :
The Castle is closed on Mondays. It's open from April 1st until October 31st, from 9am to 6.30pm, and from November 1st until March 31st from 9am to 5.30pm. Phone :
01.30.83.77.43 Metro/Bus :
RER : Versailles Rive Gauche - Bus : 171
Chateau de versailles - Paris
Together with its gardens, the château de Versailles is one of the most famous monuments of world heritage. The buildings trace the architectural style of the 17th and 18th centuries and comprise: the Royal Apartments, the Hall of Mirrors, the Chapel, the Royal Opera and the Museum of the History of France.
The Park is decorated with statues, flower beds and water and outstanding buildings : Grand Trianon and Petit Trianon, Temple de l'Amour and hamlet of Queen Marie-Antoinette.
Since February 2011 you can make a virtual visit of Versailles Palace with Google Art Project. Enjoy!!