What can I take with me? What weight limits apply to cabin or checked bags? Everything you need to know so that your personal property can travel safely.
Your cabin bags
You can take hand luggage on board with you:
Maximum weight: 5 kg Maximum dimensions: 115 cm (total of three dimensions L + W + H)
Your checked bags
The maximum weight of the luggage you can check in depends on the airline you are flying with:
generally a weight limit of 23 kg applies in economy class and 30 to 40 kg in first class,
above this weight, an excess baggage charge will apply.
If you need to carry fragile items (bicycles, musical instruments…), contact your airline ahead of time. Large items cannot be carried even as checked bags, they must be shipped as freight.
Checking your bags in
Be sure to check in before the check in time limit shown on your ticket! The terminal that you leave from is also shown on your ticket. At the check in counter, be sure to place any items not allowed in hand baggage in your checked luggage[lien paragraphe « Les objets interdits en cabine » en bas de page]. If any such items are found during the security inspections, they will be destroyed.
Never accept any luggage or package from a stranger, whatever the reason.
Never leave your luggage unattended, even for a short while. You luggage could become suspect and be destroyed. Inform airport staff of any luggage or package left unattended.
Items not allowed in hand baggage
Make sure that your hand baggage does not contain any items that could be used as a weapon or considered as such::
- pointed or cutting items (scissors, cutter, knitting needles…)
- blunt instruments (baseball bats, skateboards…)
- explosive or inflammable substances (self-defense sprays, aerosol cans…)
- chemical or toxic substances (electrolyte batteries, infected blood…) - replica weapons (pistols, knives…).
Hypodermic syringes may be permitted for medical reasons. Please contact your airline for information.
Items not allowed on board planes:
The following items are prohibited, whether in your hand baggage or checked luggage:
- any inflammable gases, liquids or solids (scuba tanks, fire lighters...)
- explosives (warning flairs)
- reactive substances (lighter fuel)
- organic oxidants and peroxides (car batteries)
- toxic or infectious substances (paint)
- radioactive and magnetic materials (compass)
- corrosive substances (bleach…) - vehicle fuel feed components having contained fuel (for example?)
Shotguns, collector's or sporting guns and diving flare may be allowed under certain conditions. Please contact your airline for information.